Who are we?
Nusroto Association,Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional center for Juveniles, that has the official approvals under Resolution 203/AD on 4 October 2005, has no political status or activity.
The child, under the age of 18, has a dwelling in Nusroto Association Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional center for Juveniles, , that based in Zahle-Bekaa, is undergoing a reeducation , rehabilitation and care program.
This administratively-independent-center enjoys unique and proper character to achieve all goals and outcomes.
Vision of Nusroto Association – Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional Center for Juveniles:
The center aims to help and protect the child from intentional and unintentional harm, and to adopt appropriate methodologies for immediate response in order to ward off danger from him.
It also aims to develop the behaviors of children that could restrict the social integration. Besides to secure the means and the conditions that help the child interact positively with his family, and re-engage with the society.
Message of Nusroto Association – Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional Center for Juveniles:
Based on the principles of human rights, Lebanese law 422/2002, Juvenile Law – Articles 25 and 26, which include concern for juveniles who are threatened in their health, safety, morals and methods of raising them up, especially those who are victims of abuse, Nusroto Association Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional Center for Juveniles secure them a place tolive away from all those could harm him, as they need a shelter and care with many aspects of life.
Therefore, Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional Center for juveniles, that receives these cases, was established pledging to implement all decisions issued by the competent courts.
Objectives of Nusroto Association – Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional Center for Juveniles:
- Promoting care, rehabilitation and reform in all its forms to the juvenile offenders.
- Promoting the principles of transparency and human rights.
- Implementation of the Juvenile Act 422/2002, in particular articles 25 and 26, which include concern for juveniles who are at risk in their health, safety, morals and ways of raising them, especially those who are victims of abuse.
- Effective partnership with judicial- governmental and non-governmental institutions
- Directing and implementing programs to take advantage of jobs and engage in the new society
- Reintegration of the Juveniles into the society.
- Helping the juveniles interact positively with his family.
- Providing psychological, health, and education needs of the juveniles.
- Empowering the child in all aspects, especially concerning the profession.
Admission Requirements at Nusroto Association – Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional Center for juveniles:
The Nusroto Association – Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional Center for juveniles receives juveniles under the age of 18 years old, where they are referred by juveniles justice and public prosecutions.
A- Psychological Treatment:
Individual/group sessions, family follow-up workshops, psychological and personal criteria.
B- Social assistance:
- Individual sessions and Case management of the individuals.
- Home visits to improve family relations with the juvenile with priorjudicial approval.
- Forming social groups.
C-Cultural and Recreational Activities:
- Discourses of different subjects.
- Literacy courses
- Reading books.
- Watch religious and cultural films.
- Informatics lessons.
- Handicrafts (Rosary making, antiques, drawing…)
- Singing and hymn classes.
- Psycho-Social Support Sessions.
D- Sport programme:
Physical sport, karate, table tennis, basketball, Baby foot, football…
E- Medical examinations and consultations: Cooperation with specialized doctors to make a periodic preliminary medical examination.
F- Legal follow-up:
Social workers follow up on the situation of the juveniles with the competent judicial authorities to attend the sessions;andsubmit periodic report on their status within the association.
G- Funding and Sustainability:
Self-financing: Fundraising events, dinner invitations, various benevolent activities that the returns are due to Nusroto Association – Father Marwan Ghanem’s – Correctional center for Juveniles.