– Cenacle= the place where Jesus Christ used to meet his disciples.
– The son of man=Jesus Christ the Lord.
– A free spiritual, psychological, physical and social treatment and rehabilitation service for drug and alcohol addicts.
– Help the reactivation and social integration of those who healed from their addiction.
– A gathering place for man and woman from various religious, social and ethnic backgrounds.
– To tolerate and respect others.
– To respect confidentiality.
– To acknowledge that the addicted person is sick and powerless.
– To convince the addict that there is a stronger power than drugs and that “God” can change him and save his life.
– To decide to entrust God with one’s willpower and one’s life.
– To follow up residents after having completed all stages of rehabilitation
It’s a state of compulsive, repetitive and important use of various kinds of drugs or any other psychiatric medications that enslave abuser’s life; it’s a decreased, slowed ability to respond to naturally rewarding stimuli.
Eligibility for admission:
– Meeting with the social assistant.
– Meeting with the psychotherapist.
– Weaning treatment in a hospital under the cenacle doctor’s supervision.
– Meeting with the administration members.
– Admission to cenacle for rehabilitation straight after weaning treatment.
According the catholic church instructions by the means of explanations in the gospel, the church sacraments, spiritual exercises, hymns and religious meaningful celebrations.
– Individual and collective sessions, parental guidance, psychological test for a twelve month period of time away from noise and stress.
– Case management, individual meetings.
– Home visits in order to enhance familial relationships.
– Social groups creation.
– Awareness raising sessions.
Cultural educative program:
– Various lectures (medical, political, social…)
– Reading literary and spiritual books.
– IT lessons.
– Watching literary and spiritual movies.
– Handcrafts (rosary, artistic trinkets…)
– Music and theater classes.
– First aid training.
– Art sessions.
– Psychosocial support sessions.
Swimming, gymnastics, Karate, Ping pong, Baby foot, relaxation, physical sessions.
Hiking, pilgrimage, touristic sites visiting, ceremonies, recitals.
Reintegration and follow up after recovery:
– Try to increase employment opportunities on behalf of recovered addict.
– Three years weekly follow up program for recovered addicts and their parents.
Medical exams and consulting:
Corporation with a number of health care professionals
Legal follow up:
– During and after rehabilitation period, the Cenacle provides the opportunities of advocacy and increases awareness on behalf of its residents.
– Help release prisoners especially addicts who wish to enter the cenacle for rehabilitation.
– Treatment and rehabilitation takes up to 14 months where the resident has the chance to get up to a point where he becomes a new person who deserves to be accepted by his family and his society.
– Three year follow up program for beneficiaries.
Financing and continuity:
Ceremonies, diners, various activities on behalf of the Cenacle of the Son of Man.
– External financing:
– Financial support received from the Ministry of Social Affairs covering a part of residents’ expenses.
– The generosity of benefactors and all people who desire to help.